Thursday, October 6, 2011

Constantine


For IMDb reference :


John Constantine: So when a half-breed breaks the rules, I deport their sorry ass straight back to hell. I don't get them all, but I've been hoping to get enough to ensure my... retirement.
Angela Dodson: I don't understand.
John Constantine: I'm a suicide, Angela. When I die, the rules say I've got just one place to go...
Angela Dodson: You're trying to buy your way into heaven.
John Constantine: What would *you* do if you were sentenced to a prison where half the inmates were put there by you? 


Well, It's been a long time since my last movie review. Now that I got some good internet connections I'll be writing more and more movies. This movie is about things as it is, not as u should or ever learn. And also, happens to be the one I know and I understand. I prefer not to believe this one, since I already know a higher path.


So now, we got a cool demon hunter, called Constantine, John Constantine (Keanu Reeves). He was born with the ability to see things that should not be seen. In another words, he can see, and walk to another dimension. this gift/curse is something he doesn't favor in, and it made him kinda skeptic about things. He met Angela Dodson (Rachel Weisz), who is a detective at the local precinct. these two are trying to uncover the mysteries in this world, and surely some will make you stop and re-think about your beliefs. When an angel, or a demon walks right next to you, will you know it? This movie is about the big war between God and Satan, and we're just a huge flock of sheep in-between. It may not sounds reliable, but it is. :)

Right, so this movie is a comic-book based, Hellblazer. They changed the movie title because it sounds similar to Hellboy and they went out one after another. So to avoid people from misunderstanding, they changed the name to Constantine. John Constantine IS a heavy smoker, since he smoke 30 cigarettes a day since he were 15. He's dying due to lung cancer. Sadly, he ain't got much time left. He also got an apprentice in this movie, named Chas Kramer (Shia Labeouf). But it won't be like Batman and Robin. Chas doesn't go out often, since all the gig is done mostly by John. Angela Dodson here, plays as a devout Christian. Well, she, strangely found her way intertwined with John, in order to solve the case of her twin sister's death. You know, if you really do read the comics, this movie is quite different. Some changes are made here and there to make this movie suitable to the situation. But, that happens a lot in this business.

Anyway, what is there to criticize? The plot is great, and the effects, too. the actors and actress played well in this movie. Although it's kinda lack in character details, it's nice. I mean, you won't get to know a lot about Chas and some other actors. And it seems that there are some glitches in the movie. Just look harder. :) To be honest, if you want to look for some faith-shocking action, I would recommend The Da Vinci Code, but since it's kinda hard to understand, just watch this movie.

Well, that's it folks. after a long rest, I just might write a lot. I even wondered if someone happen to aim a Dragon Breath at me, will I write faster? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment